Wednesday, January 31, 2007

joy, complaints, puzzles, and blessings

Something I want to complain about: My arm hurts today. I got a tetanus shot yesterday (it had almost surely been more than 10 years, so I was more than due), and both the nurse and the doctor warned me that my arm would be sore today, but owww! I must have rolled on it in the night or something, because I woke up and felt like I had been punched HARD in the arm. I bruise easily, and so I'm no stranger to aches and pains, but still. Owwww!


Something I'm grateful for: Today I'm having lunch with Ilsa, watching American Idol with Tayneshia and Bethany, and at some point I'll be seeing Eric as well (we have kind of a tough time getting together during the week, because he's working full time as well as attending school). So, I'm terribly grateful to have a life full of quality friendships.


Something that I'm puzzling over: Global Warming! I listened to part of a commentary program this morning on the radio (Utah Public Radio http://www.upr.org/) as I was getting ready for work, and it got me thinking. From what I can glean from my sporadic research, I do believe that global warming is, in fact, a reality. But, what can I do about it? Really, what difference can I make? Part of me wants to see that movie An Inconvenient Truth, because I imagine it might help me answer that question, but I'm a little hesitant to do so. See, the fact is that one of my weaknesses is that I tend to be a little too trusting, a little too naive, and a little to quick to be convinced. And, the fact is that I don't completely trust Al Gore (or any politician, for that matter). So, we'll see what I do about this.


Something that I'm eagerly anticipating: My wedding! (duh!) Of course I'm ecstatic to be marrying Eric, and I adore him, and the longer we are engaged, the more "right" it feels. That's the most important part. In addition though, I keep hearing about aunts and uncles and cousins and friends who are making travel plans to come from far-flung locations, just so they can share this joy with me and Eric. I'm THRILLED about that.

And I think that's enough for today.

-c

ps-if you're interested in the weekend report, it was a great one. We had Dorothea and Sergei over for games and dinner (we played "Whoonu" by the makers of Cranium for the first time. It's a great game, and I highly recommend it) on Friday, we played Racquetball and I went to the Bridal Faire with Tayneshia on Saturday, and Sunday we spent some quality time with Eric's parents. That's pretty much it, in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Dishboy said...

Global Warming huh? Sounds a little liberal to me. I don't know if these views are a result of your work (the theater tends to lean toward the left) or a backlash against your ultra conservative parents, but I really should have suspected this when you sold the truck.

melissa c said...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Lots going on! I love your post. I haven't had a tetanus shot since I was in high school and I don't intend to get one any time soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...