Wednesday, December 06, 2006

They used to call me Hermana


Well, it's another regular day in the life of Charlotte. Tonight Elijah and I will play racquetball, and then I'll attend a basketball game with some friends. Tomorrow I'm going to an Enrichment meeting for my ward. Yesterday I was able to meet up with Henrietta (who is in town for most of the month) and another friend for dinner and a little "girl talk". That was a nice treat.


Two nights ago I had a nightmare in which I was once again a Mormon Missionary. I actually was a Mormon Missionary in real life back in 1993 and 1994. In real life I was sent to Northern California, and assigned to learn Spanish. It was a great time, with a lot of great experiences and a lot of hard experiences. I've always been grateful that I was able to have the opportunity to serve a mission. However, being grateful that I've had the experience doesn't mean that I've been anxious or eager to embark on a similar experience again.


So, anyway, in the 12 years since I've been home, I find that I have a dream every once in a while in which I'm back on my mission, or (as is the case this time) on another mission. It's always a relief to wake up and find that I'm still in my own bed, here in Utah, not a missionary. Two nights ago was no exception. In the dream I was stationed in Michigan. I have nothing against Michigan mind you, but I'm glad to be here, where I am, doing what I'm doing.


So there.


-c
ps-You might be wondering what the deal is with the picture. The only explanation I have is that I wanted to put a picture on this posting, and as I looked through those that I currently have loaded on my computer, this was the one that I liked best. It's from a trip that my mom and I took to Thailand about 2 years ago.
(Yup, more random-ness. What can I say?)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...