Friday, December 01, 2006

Just checking in

Well, things are going really great. Wednesday night Elijah and I played racquetball together for the first time. We didn't keep score, probably because I don't like to be bothered with having to remember to count points, and Elijah didn't care too much either way. I think we were pretty evenly matched, which is to say that we are both pretty bad. But, we got plenty of laughs, and a fair amount of exercise as well. So, I'm not going to complain. We're heading back to the Rec. Center tomorrow to check out some of the equipment there, and possibly to have a racquetball re-match. Wish me luck :)

Things at work are going pretty well. Every year we have an accounting firm come in and audit our company, so that we can submit an audited report with all our grant requests. It's kind of a stressful time of year for me, because really what it boils down to is that for a while I have experts coming in, looking at all that I've done over the year, and eventually telling the board of trustees whether or not I should be allowed to keep my job. So, not my favorite time of year.

So anyway, the audit is going on right now, and I'm pleased to report that it's going quite well this year, and the field work portion (which is my least favorite part) is nearly over. Whew!

And that pretty much sums up the goings-on as of late. We had some snow and frigid temperatures earlier in the week, but today the sun is out, and it's starting to melt some of that snow. Nice.

hasta,
-c

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...