Monday, December 11, 2006

The BIG BIG news!! (and of course, pictures)

So, I had an AWESOME weekend. On Friday night Eric (who was formerly known here as Elijah, but will now be known by the name his parents gave him) asked me to marry him.

Any guesses as to what my answer was?

We're getting married on April 14. I adore his family, and my family adores him. More importantly, I adore him, and he seems to be quite taken with me as well. Isn't it nice when it turns out that way?

I'll post a few pictures, since as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

The one above was taken last night. I have a weird expression on my face, probably because I was about to laugh or something.

This is my birthday party last March. Eric and I didn't start dating until June, but he came to my party and gave me a gift. I don't know exactly what I'm doing in this photo, but as far as I can remember this is the first photo taken of Eric and I together. That makes it rather historic, don't you think?

This is Eric and I on our third date. We went hiking.

This (below) is the ROCK! Eric picked it out all by himself! A man with taste! I'm marrying a man with taste! How cool is that?
And finally, this is me, blissfully happy (and perhaps a bit cheesey) on Friday night.






And I think that wraps it up for this entry. Stay tuned for frustrations and surprises as we plan our wedding. Surely there will be more quirkiness to be found.
-c






3 comments:

melissa c said...

Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH!!!!OH MY GOSH!!!!! i AM HERE ON BLOGSPOT.COM TOO! I am so glad I read your email!!!! I have quite a few friends here (mostly LDS women) that I blog and visit with so I'll advertise for you!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I better get an announcement! just in case you are not sure who is writing to you, I was that cute brunette you lived with for a whole year!!! I sure miss you and I am so envious of the exciting life you have lived. I wish we could find the time to get together. Life is just too busy!!

Have a wonderful night darlin! I am at melissasmysteriesandmusings.blogspot.com

Dishboy said...

Imagine my surprise when I found a comment on my sister's blog from a Melissa C that was not my wife Melissa C.

I'm looking forward to meeting Eric in April. You look very happy in your pictures and I'm excited for you both.

Charlotte said...

Melissa! How fun to hear from you! I haven't checked out your blogspot yet, but it's on my list!

You are on my "announcement list", so never fear!

Dishboy--
I was a bit surprised to find out that "Melissa C" wasn't your Melissa either.

Funny how things work out.

-c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...