Monday, November 13, 2006

Rachmaninoff I may never be

Well, the wedding went well. Dorothea and Sergei both looked blissfully happy, and it was a lovely event. In an added bonus, the wedding luncheon featured what is probably the best potato salad I have ever eaten. Nice huh?

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with some friends for yet another celebration. One of my friends has recently completed her prescribed series of chemotherapy (having been diagnosed with breast cancer last February), and will be heading to Kansas in a week to undergo her radiation treatments. (She has more family support in Kansas than she has here in Utah) So, it's kind of a celebration/farewell kind of event.

(note-abrupt change of subject coming up)

I've been taking piano lessons for over a year now. I took lessons when I was young, but quit before I was able to get very good. So, a bit over a year ago I started up again. For a while there, I felt like I was making some real progress. Now though, my priorities seem to have shifted somewhat, and it is becoming harder and harder for me to find the time to practice. So I'm kind of at an impasse. I hate to quit the music training, because I think it's important. But I hate to feel like I'm wasting my money, and when I don't practice, that's exactly how I feel. AND, I hate to spend time practicing when I could be spending it exercising, sleeping, being with Elijah, or fulfilling some responsibility that I have.

So, who knows how I'll work this all out?

For the moment though, it's kind of a moot point, because . . . in five days I'm leaving for my Paris vacation! Wa-hooo!!!!! Why worry about piano lessons when I have Paris to consider??

-c

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...