Wednesday, November 08, 2006

obscenely early meetings, globetrotting, and chores

So, life continues as normal these days. This morning we had a meeting of the Board of Trustees for the company for which I work. The meetings are held at 8:00, which is an hour earlier than I usually arrive at work (I know, lucky me!). So, my morning schedule was kind of thrown off today. Oh well. The meetings are only once per month, and really, how many accountants have jobs where they don't start until 9:00 a.m. for all but one day of the month? Not many that I know.

I'm in the throes of preparation for the trip to Paris. Yesterday I went down to my public library and checked out four guide books (2 of them pocket-size) on Paris. Except for the time I spent as a Mormon missionary, this will be my first Thanksgiving away from my family. Actually, since my mission was in Northern California, this will be the first time I will spend a major American holiday in any country besides the USA. So, it should be interesting.

And other than that, things are pretty much the same as usual. My parents are coming up tomorrow, which means I need to get my house in "mom-approved" shape before tomorrow afternoon. Since I've been kind of slacking in the housecleaning area lately, that may take a bit longer than I would hope. Still, it shouldn't be too bad.

I guess that's enough for now.

-c

2 comments:

dishboy said...

I thought mom-approved was how it looked after Mom had been there not before.

just kidding

Charlotte said...

Actually, I thought about that as I was writing this. You're right, of course.

The house never did really get in mom-approved shape, but I did manage to hide the Christmas presents at least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...