Thursday, October 19, 2006

will this keep me from being elected president?

Right now I'm listening to "Wheel" on the Heavier Things Album by John Mayer. I like this song, and by and large, I like this album. Tayneshia lent it to me about a month ago. I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying. Probably not. By the time I buy it, I'll be tired of listening to the songs. Better to just keep borrowing for a few more weeks. Tayneshia doesn't mind. She has literally hundreds and hundreds of CDs.

I was talking to a co-worker a few days ago about blogs and why she doesn't have one. Her main reason (as near as I can remember) is that she might want to run for office one day, and she thinks that having a blog might cause her trouble with this at some point.

I have no intention of ever running for any kind of public office (although I bet my mother would have said the same thing, and she's run successfully for her local school board four times now, and is working on her fifth election as I write this), so hopefully my having a blog won't come back to bite me later on.

I guess we'll just see.

I finished an afghan this week. I'm going to be giving it to a friend of mine soon. She's getting married on November 11 (I'm singing at the wedding), and we're having her bridal shower on November 4.

3 comments:

dishboy said...

Pretty sure that borrowing of friends cd's for extended periods of time has pretty much ended any possibility of ever being in politics.

Charlotte said...

Glad to see you're still reading.

;)

dishboy said...

Dishboy isn't one to let information by without at least a scan for mention of himself, unfortunately that scan is still coming up negative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...