Monday, October 23, 2006

revisiting those fun things of childhood

Tomorrow I'm heading back to California for a few days. Funny, before September, it had been several years since I'd been to California. Now I'm going to be going twice in as many months. And both times to Southern California no less. Huh.

This time I'm going to Disneyland with my sister and her family, as well as my parents. I'm looking forward to it. Since I have no children of my own, the thought of being able to spend a few days in Disneyland with my adorable 5-year-old niece and her equally adorable younger brother is quite a pleasant one.

I had another nice weekend. Friday night I attended a slumber party. Can you believe it? I'm thirty-five years old, attending a slumber party. What's that all about? But, I did. The women in my church planned one for all the women to help us get to know one another better and just to let our hair down and play for a bit. I was actually on the planning committee, and it turned out quite well. We only had eight women actually spend the night, but at one point during the evening we had about 30 different women there, playing games and talking, and eating a WHOLE LOT of pizza. I had a lovely time, as did many other people. Kind of nice when it works out that way.

So, that's it for now. I'll check back in when I return from my trip.

-c

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...