Friday, October 06, 2006

Queens of Birdland

Kind of an odd title for a blog entry isn't it? Well, read on and it will make more sense.

Right now I'm listening to the Trisha Yearwood version of the song, "To Make You Feel My Love" from the Hope Floats soundtrack. I borrowed this CD from Tayneshia. I'm not much of a country music fan, (to say the least) but I like this song. I also like "All I Get" by "The Mavericks", which is also on this CD. Other than that, I don't have all that much use for the music. I enjoyed the movie though.

Today has been kind of a low key day. I've gotten a few things accomplished at work, things that will be important as we head into our new fiscal year. So, that's been good. Tonight my company is hosting a workshop production of a new play based on the lives of Madonna, Tina Turner, Mariah Carey, Carly Simon, Patti Smith, and Chrissie Hynde. It's called "Queens of Birdland". Elijah will be joining me for this tonight, which should be interesting since he isn't much of a theatre buff. Since I am (a theatre buff), I've been stealthily introducing Elijah to the joys (and sometimes pains) of amateur theatre for a few weeks now. If my company did shows during the fall, winter, or spring, then I'd be able to introduce (or re-introduce) him to real live professional theatre, which would surely be more enjoyable for both of us. But, alas, we are a summer festival company. So, that may have to wait until July.

Until next time,
Charlotte

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...