Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A walk in the mountains

Well, it's been a fun and busy couple of days. Work has been going well. It seems that there's always plenty to do, which makes the day go by more quickly. That's always nice.

Last night I went hiking with a friend of mine in the canyon above my home. It was just beautiful. The leaves are just starting to change, and I imagine in a week or so they will be just gorgeous. In two weeks or so, they'll be gone, and we'll be headed into winter with a vengeance. Oh well. The hike was nice. We left about 4:30, drove for about an hour, hiked for an hour an a half, and I got home around 8:30 p.m. Since it was so late when we left, it got kind of cold there on the mountain, but the views were worth the pain. My friend is a professional photographer (you can see his work at the following website: http://www.pikastreetphotography.com/), and so we did some stopping here and there for him to take photos. Although I enjoy taking a picture now and then, I'm strictly an amateur, so it was fun to be with someone with an eye for that sort of thing. I was able to see the area from a different vantage point than I ever have before--which was a treat.

Tonight should be kind of basic. I'll be teaching a few voice lessons, like I do every Tuesday, and then I have some visiting teaching to do. After that my home teachers are coming over. So, nothing too exciting, but plenty of social interaction. That's nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...