Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Second time ever

So, you just have to wonder--is the next entry in this little blog going to be titled, "Third time ever"? What about the next one after that? Will it be "Fourth time ever"? And really, how bad would it be to have a post that says "Seven-hundred and twenty-third time ever"? Would that be just too unbearable?

What will I do? It's all a mystery. Again, time will tell.

Life is good for me. I have a great job that I love. I have a great (and pretty big) family, but none of them live close enough to me that they are able to effectively run my life for me. They pretty much leave that to me, thank you very much, and are willing to give me advice when I ask for it, and for the most part, keep pretty quiet when I don't. How many people have that blessing, huh? And then, I'm surrounded by friends, co-workers, and other associates that I really quite enjoy.

I don't have television reception. Where I live, you pretty much can't get it unless you have cable or dish network or whatever, and I'm not home enough to feel like paying the money to have the TV sit dark all the time. Besides, there is a lot of junk on TV that frankly doesn't interest me all that much.

But, I DO like The Amazing Race, HGTV, American Idol, and (I hate to admit it!) America's Next Top Model. I also think I might like Dancing with the Stars, and Celebrity Duets, but I've never seen either, so I don't know for sure. Luckily for me, my good friend Tayneshia is more of a TV fan than me, and she has TiVo. Bless her, she's been recording some of the shows I've asked for, and tonight we're going to have a night of television. What could be better? Girl talk, quality(?) entertainment, a little bit of crocheting (did I mention that I crochet--oh yeah baby, do I ever!) Heck, I might even be able to round up a bit of chocolate for the occasion. Good times.

And I think that's quite enough for today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...