Thursday, September 21, 2006

A list of things I was going to do before the summer of 2006 was over

I wrote up (most of) this list last May, and spent the summer checking things off. The entries in color are those that I've completed. As to the rest, maybe I'll start a "things do to before Christmas" list. Or, maybe not.
  • Go to Lagoon (an amusement park just North of Salt Lake City)
  • Learn the "Andante Spinato" by Chopin (I'm sure working on it!)
  • Watch an episode of "The Twilight Zone"
  • Go Camping
  • Go to Old Ephraim's Grave (the gravesite of the biggest bear ever found or killed)
  • Walk around Mantua Lake
  • Plant a garden and eat at least one thing out of it
  • La experiencia secreta
  • Eat Dutch Oven Food three times
  • Learn five new guitar songs
  • Go to Denver (where I have a brother, a sister-in-law, two nieces and a nephew)
  • Go to Grand Junction (where I have a sister, a brother-in-law, one niece and one nephew)
  • Teach a lesson in Relief Society
  • Attend Black & White Days in Richmond, Utah (it's basically a celebration of the dairy cow)
  • Attend the wedding of the decade
  • Meet 10 new people and remember their names (I only got four)
  • Play Frisbee or catch with a dog
  • Fly a Kite
  • Go Geocaching
  • Make "Mormon tiramisu" (Mormons don't drink coffee or alcohol. I found a recipe that used Pero and apple juice. It worked pretty well)
  • Sing "America the Beautiful" for a bunch of veterans and golfers (this is one of those things I added to the list after I did it. I was asked to sing for the American Legion Memorial Day Program)
  • Learn to make
  • --a new dessert
  • --a new main dish
  • --a new salad
  • Attend the temple 12 times (weddings don't count)
  • La segunda experiencia secreta
  • Learn a song from "Wicked"
  • Sing and play (on the piano) "Simple Gifts" without noticeable mistakes
  • Go on dates with three guys I've never been out with before
  • Crochet two afghans
  • Host an ethnic food party
  • See a moose in the wild
  • Do something out of my comfort zone
  • Watch "The Wizard of Oz", while listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
  • Survive a root canal
  • See a silent movie in a theater
  • Drink Mate (pronounced "MAH-tay"-an herb drink, mostly from South America)
  • Watch "American graffiti"
  • See a rattlesnake in the wild
  • Witness the baptism of a friend
  • See and hug every member of my immediate family
  • Attend the Shakespearean Festival

Not a bad summer, huh?

2 comments:

We'll call him dishboy said...

What about go to Washington? I think you should add that to your list.

Charlotte said...

Good point. I guess I'll have to do a "Things to do before Christmas list" after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...